Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sophia

Hard to believe that one year ago we were at the hospital marveling at this little person we made. Actually, I think I was marveling and Rick was trying to figure out how he was going to sleep on a 2x2 cushion, while also figuring out how to get Fox News to come on louder through the teensy speaker playing out of the remote control. As much as I kid, he really came through that night and the whole stay at the hospital.
Sophia rarely slept in her bassinet at the hospital, much to the dismay of the nurses. How could I sleep soundly and accidentally smother this new baby? I was on a high to finally have the most precious gift I've been waiting for so long. I was not going to let her leave my side for as long as I could stand.
This year has been a blur. I can imagine it only goes by faster. As much as I want to slow it down, I am enjoying all of Sophia's stages and growth into the little person with that little personality that's only going to blossom more as the days go by. So, happy birthday dear Sophia. I love the little one you've become and look forward to seeing the little girl you are growing into.

3 days old

6 months old
1 year old



No comments: