Saturday, October 30, 2010

Welcome Ava Marie

Our little 27 week miracle, Ava Marie was born via c-section at 3:47 pm, weighing in at 3 pounds 3 ounces. She literally popped out and immediately made her presence known with some good cries. She currently resides in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit), where we anticapate she'll stay for the next 3 months. She has been doing well and exceeded all expectations so far. It'll be a long road but we are so excited to welcome our baby girl into this world. Birth story to follow shortly.

2 comments:

Ingrid said...

Congratulations, Cara! I'm so happy that little Ava is doing so well. She (and you, Rick, and Sophia) will continue to be in my thoughts. Go, Ava, Go!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I have followed your blog for many years and you have been in my thoughts and prayers. I have a NICU baby what was born 6 weeks early and is now 5 years old:)