Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dear Santa...

Dear Santa,
I've been a good girl. I really have. So I am begging you to work a little miracle here and let those two front teeth break through for Ava. If she could speak words, I know she'd ask for them too. I think we all have that on our list to you, that all Ava wants for Christmas is her 2 front teeth. Can't be too hard to remember for you, right? I mean, it's a popular song this time of year. I hope you read this and it's sticking in your head like the Lexas commercial song is stuck in mine. Sophia actually put on her list that she wants you to bring Ava a sweater. I'm not sure where she came up with that, so it might be a little misleading to you. She needs those teeth to break through!

Wait, so would that be Ava's present or mine? Because if it's not too much bother, I really want a Tuff Shed. I asked my husband for one and apparently that was the worst offense to a contractor. He can't understand why I'd want to PAY for someone to come in and build something in 1 day, paint it, and then leave. Finished. Done. In 1 day! He knows he can build one bigger and better. It may take all of his little free time, it might not have a roof until 2013 or get painted until 2014, but it will be so much better. Oh, and it will have room to put his stuff, too. I'm not sure he understands that I just want a little shed to hold only my stuff. We share the garage now, and somehow my stuff always ends up in the rafters, with no ladder in sight. So if one of your elves could just drop off the Tuff Shed in the place my husband has taken 2 days to clear out the space for his, I mean "my" future shed to go in that would be awesome.

I know you've gotten Sophia's letter by now. I bet you got a little chuckle that she had a dinosaur, baseball and football on her list. And we can't forget Ava's sweater, haha. One of your elves mentioned that she'd be getting that dinosaur. Cool. Does this mean she'll be hunting with Daddy when she gets older? Because I'm seeing a trend here and I just want to be prepared for next year when she's asking for a mini clay pigeon set or something. What happened to Barbie and Baby Feels So Real? Her Daddy calls her a chip off the old block. I guess I'm just a little jealous that she'd rather work with Daddy than want to change Ava's diaper and be Mommy's Little Helper.

Oh and Rick was super easy. Like he is every year. Work boots. Really? I bet you have that wrapped up and ready to go before anyone else on the list. Does he really want work boots or is this a metaphor to something? I just can't imagine that there isn't some hidden message there somewhere and I'm not getting it.

Santa, I know you are working hard right now so I'll keep this short. Remember...All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. All the other stuff, that can wait.

Love,
Cara

No comments: