Monday, July 30, 2012

It's good to be average

Ava had her 20 month checkup the other day. She is in the 50%ile for all measurements, which is just  perfect. I had a bit of a freak-out moment questioning whether she was even growing. She has been in the same size clothing what seems like forever and it is not something I am used to, especially since Sophia grows out of her clothes within a few months. So now that my fears are set aside for now, I will breathe easy until the next appointment, when I will probably fret about something else. It was also good timing with her appointment, because I had received a call from the High Risk Infant Followup Clinic asking about Ava's speech development. I had decided to wait to call back after she met with her pediatrician, to discuss what she thought so I could give accurate input. All parties agree that she is developing appropriately. Very happy momma here. :)
And now back to our summer activities...I've been lagging a bit here because of our crazy summer, the first real summer I have experienced since I don't know when. It's kind of fun feeling like a kid again. But I feel summer coming to an end. August is already here, unbelievably. And as much as I'm enjoying the outdoor lifestyle we've adopted for the past few months, it will be nice to settle back into routine once again.

No comments: