Saturday, November 24, 2012

I am thankful

It's difficult for me to roll with things. I like to be prepared, plan ahead, organized. I'm sure I have a lot of annoying traits, but this is by far the one that everyone who knows me has to put up with the most. This month in particular has been less than stable for me in the last several years. Bad news, health scares, bad pregnancies, all seem to occur around this time of year. Par for the course, my Mom is dealing with some health issues. It's not my story to tell, but I can tell you that she will be OK. It's life, we live it and we get through it. It makes us stronger, it brings us together. For me, it puts my priorities back into focus. At the end of the day, what really matters in your life? It is at these moments you pull from your inner strength and keep moving forward. So while my immediate reaction to November when it sneaks up on me is to brace myself, it probably couldn't come at a more appropriate time to remind myself to be thankful. Be thankful for what I have, and for who I have in my life. I am thankful.

No comments: