Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance

I thought I would share a few inspirational quotes that I often refer back to again and again:


“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
― Haruki Murakami

 ========================
“You’ll get over it…” It’s the clichés that cause the trouble. To lose someone you love is to alter your life for ever. You don’t get over it because ‘it” is the person you loved. The pain stops, there are new people, but the gap never closes. How could it? The particularness of someone who mattered enough to grieve over is not made anodyne by death. This hole in my heart is in the shape of you and no-one else can fit it. Why would I want them to?”
― Jeanette Winterson


Can you believe that 1:4 women suffer a miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss? Today is October 15, a day to remember those that have lost hopes never to be fulfilled and dreams never to come true. I am taking part in a memorial tonight, where I plan on sharing some of my perspective, and to light a candle for our angels.

No comments: