Monday, August 6, 2007

Finally, the second line we've been waiting for!

This is the best birthday present I could have ever imagined. I think Rick had a hunch something might be up when the night before I had said a few weird things. We went to Victoria's Bakery to get my favorite dessert, cheesecake. After that, we went to La Toscana for dinner and Trevor and Karyne joined us which was a nice surprise! Well, I was in my "no drink zone" since I knew I had ovulated...but it was my birthday so I decided to milk a glass of wine. I took one sip of the wine and it just didn't taste right. Rick tried it and said it was good. Weird. I was also very tired at dinner and just wanted to get home and eat my cheesecake. I was pretty adamant about that cheesecake, but it got too late, so we just went to bed. I had a hard time sleeping that night, unbeknownst to me that this will be a trend to come.
The next morning was Sunday and we usually hang out in bed for a while and talk. Well Rick mentioned that I should take a pregnancy test. That got me excited and nervous because I don't think he's ever been the assertive one in that department. I did some calculations in my head and told him that this would be the first day that I may actually get a (+) test if I tested with the First Response Early Response test, which of course I already had stocked in the bathroom. So I took it and it was this barely there shadow of a line. I literally had to disect the test to look closer. Rick couldn't see the line but I knew it was there. So we decided to try to keep sane and take another test the next morning, just to confirm. And the next day it was no mistake, I was pregnant!!

Test on 8/05/07


















And because I seriously doubt you see that line, even with the arrow pointing to it...here's a picture of the one I took to confirm the next day and then 1 week later, the obvious double line confirmation.

No comments: