Monday, August 20, 2007

Putting things into perspective

Well, you know how a situation can put something back into perspective? Had that a few hours ago and I'm trying to be less irritable. I got a call from my mom telling me that my grandma is in the hospital. She is OK now, but they were worried because they couldn't wake her up this morning. She was breathing but unresponsive. She is in advanced stages of Alzheimer's and my grandpa stays at my mom and her sister's houses a lot to get help. He was up this weekend, so it happened at my aunt's house. They are running tests, but it's happened to Rick's dad (who's at about the same stage of Alzheimer's as well) and it was dehydration, so I have a feeling it was that too. Anyhow, she's responsive now and as back to normal as one can be with that horrible disease. So with my emotions in overdrive these days, I completely lost it and was an absolute wreck and Rick came to my rescue. It was cute because he was upset that I was so upset in my "condition". I think it finally clicked for him that I am hormonal. It's especially difficult for this to happen to my grandma today because this is the day my dad passed away 9 years ago. It's just kind of a hard day for my mom already, and to have her mom in the hospital has brought a lot of her emotions back.
It's also been a day of reflection for me. I found out I was pregnant on my dad's birthday and my due date is April 17, which means I could actually have the baby on my mom's birthday. How cool would that be? I guess it's finally sinking in that this baby might stick around for good.

No comments: