Thursday, February 21, 2008

Exhaustion

I have been so tired the last few days. I feel like I've been hit by a bus, and the part of my brain that controls large and fine motor skills has been damaged, along with balance and the ability to walk like a normal person and not a penguin or duck.

I guess this mental part is what they call pregnancy brain; something I refused to believe would ever happen to me. I have successfully screwed up dinner 3 times in the last week, something I think that Rick has even noticed and is now asking me if I need help making dinner. I used to think I could make dinner with a blindfold and one hand tied behind my back. Now I'm lucky if I come home from the grocery store with anything I had written on the list. Eating has taken on a new form of entertainment too. Let's see how many items end up on the front of Cara's top, or down her shirt. And believe me, it’s not that fun fishing things out of the top if they've dropped down there. That is, when it's even noticed. I actually had crumbs stuck between my bra and belly at my last Dr. appointment. To my horror, the crumbs were discovered when I lifted my top to be measured. Not easy to justify weight gain when there is plain as day evidence of cookie crumbs for your Dr. to see.

As for the walking, er, waddling...another thing I thought could never happen. Believe me, I try so hard not to waddle. It's embarrassing! But somehow during this alien transition, my lower half decided to take on a whole new persona and I guess I'm just stuck with it. These are all mere observations, mind you. It may sound like complaints but I really wouldn't trade these temporary (oh please god, let them be temporary) conditions for anything in the world, because it all just means I'm getting closer to having this baby. I really hope to look back on all this and laugh, but right now it just takes too much energy (yawn).

32 weeks

1 comment:

Rachelle_McCarty said...

Goodness ~ You are so stinkin cute! I just love your blog! Was telling Renee about it on our HB Ride on Sunday... Hang in there lil mamma! This is the exhausting part.. it'll will be over soon! Believe it or not, I miss these days! Love ya! Chelle