Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tying up loose ends

I was doing some reflection on how far along I've come from the very beginning of the pregnancy. Scary times! I realized in reading through some of the posts that I had some unanswered questions still out there (see below). At my last appointment, my Dr. asked if I was ready to have this baby. My heart skipped a beat and I almost thought she meant AM I READY NOW?!? But she meant had I taken all the classes and picked a pediatrician and all that other stuff. The answer is no. But I'm working on it now. As far as classes, the one I really want to have beforehand is Infant CPR. I figure if I can rent a few videos on childbirth preparation and newborn care, then I think we're in good shape.

Maternity clothes
You know how I couldn't imagine ever fitting into those pants they make, the ones with the big butt and hips? Well, I have arrived. It was a sad day of realization, but nothing like a brownie fudge sundae to make it all better. Could be why I've ended up in those pants afterall.

Glucose screening test
I passed! Eating very well and cutting out carbs and sugar for one whole torturous day beforehand, including the 12 hour fast, really did pay off!

No comments: