Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm going to miss my womb-mate

About 24 hours from now and we'll get to meet our baby! After all this time of guessing what she looks like, who's features she'll have, how big she'll be, what her personality will be like, etc. and so forth--it now just seems completely surreal that I have a baby inside me and she is coming out tomorrow. Craziness.
My womb-mate was just served her 24 hour eviction notice. I told her to start packing up over breakfast of Eggo waffles and syrup, which I know she loves because it really gets her motor running in the morning.
I'm really going to miss the close quarters we've shared for the last 9+ months. It's been, to put it in a really sappy way, magical. So here's my top 3 list of what I'll miss most about my little incubated tenant:
  1. Daily pep talks on growing and thriving, which she apparently took quite literally since she's measuring so large.
  2. Feeling all her movements and hiccups and trying to guess what part of her body is moving, especially waking up and feeling her wake up too, slowly tickling and then stretching and then the full blown rolling and kicking.
  3. Knowing I have her with me 24/7 safe and sound and snuggly, not worrying too much about if I'm doing the right thing and if I'm a good mommy. She's pretty easy to take care of right now.

1 comment:

Dione said...

Wow! I can't believe it. You've waited so long for this and now meeting her is only a few HOURS away. How exciting is that? I'll be thinking about you non-stop tomorrow. Can't wait to meet my new niece. Love you lots!