Sunday, June 7, 2009

No more "click, click, click..."



Dear cook top, I've been waiting for you for 5 long years. I have painfully endured cooking each night on a cook top that had a faulty starter, one that constantly clicked. And then to add insult to injury, one of the burners failed to light one night back about a year ago. And then a few months ago, another burner went kaput. Not to mention the work it was to keep the other white glass top one clean. I almost cried when you arrived the other day. I actually got goosebumps. And then I contemplated what and how many acts of kindness I would have to perform for my dear husband so that you could be installed. But I think Rick understood how much you meant to me, so he installed you the very next day. And oh baby, you are well worth the wait. My first test was a simple grilled cheese sandwich for Sophia's lunch. What took 10 minutes in the past took about 2 minutes, 1 minute on each side. I've been cooking on simmer for 5 long years until you came into my life, cook top. Now I'm really cooking with fire! You and I have become fast friends. I am so happy you are finally here.

No comments: