Tuesday, November 17, 2009

12 on the 12th November

I had some reservations about including this day in my 12 on the 12th project, but I guess you have to take the good with the bad, so I went with it. I had to go to the lab for a blood test, so Rick came home to watch Sophia. I got a rare picture of his face and a rare picture of the both of us with Sophia. Off to the lab to draw blood. I'll elaborate with a more detailed post, but I was very anxious to get my results. I took Sophia to the park after the lab. She was collecting pine cones and putting them on the park bench. When we got home I realized how long her nails were and how much dirt could fit under such nails. I spent the rest of the day chasing after her with the nail clipper. I won. Not without a fight and a few scratches. Rick came home early to work on a bid. He also came home with some carne asada. He decided he'd cook that night. Which meant that he'd cook the meat and I could do everything else. I'll take it. I was impressed he brought home the meat, tortillas and salsa. I didn't have chips for the salsa so I decided to make some home made chips, which were a big hit. Sophia also couldn't get enough. The dinner came out good, and it was fun to have it a team effort. I needed all the distractions I could get that night, and Sophia was providing some great entertainment. She loves to make faces. I just sat there with my camera as she made silly face after face at the camera. It was hilarious.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love how you did the inner frame (and the cute photos there as well). I'm going to need to get you over here for some lessons. Sorry it was such a tough day :(