Wednesday, December 16, 2009

hcG and me

I think I've explained the whole hcG count, but here's a short refresher course. hcG is a pregnancy hormone. You have it if you are pregnant, you don't if you aren't. Most pregnancy tests show a positive pregnancy by the time your urine shows an hcG count of 100. The early result pregnancy tests show an hcG count of 25, some are rumored to go as far as 15 hcG. I've been going to the lab each week to have them take blood to test my hcG levels. The goal is to get down to zero, but I can stop going to the lab once it shows that it's under 5. Once your hcG is down to zero, that's the end of the miscarriage and a normal menstruation cycle should be on it's way.
My lab results showed that my hcG count is at 50 as of last Fri. When I had started this process, I was at 1600 hcG, so the steady decline is just what they want to see. Hopefully I'll only need to go into the lab this week, maybe one more time after that and then I can move on to the next process. I'll be so happy to say good-bye to the weekly torture sessions!

No comments: