Monday, April 2, 2012

March: Things I want to remember

The tree guys coming to cut down the massive branch of the pine growing over our fence line. The tough guy got all smiles when I asked if I could take his picture tied way up in that tree. He even posed. Ruger now comes to me when he has any ailments, after the horrible dog attack. I'm his nurse-maid. We've bonded big time. His legs still aren't working right and the other day he slipped while trying to run up the concrete steps. He came over to me the next day, whimpering, and put his leg out for me to have a look.

Spending St. Patrick's Day at Fred's house. Sophia and Danielle are becoming great friends and it's so much fun to watch them grow up together. A little side note: there is a big difference in a house that has one 4 year old (Fred's) vs. a house that has one four year old and a baby that likes "choking hazards" (ours). Ava survived the day unscathed, and no Polly Pocket shoes ended up being consumed (or at least as far as I could tell).


Grandma's Tea Party. Also how long it took Mariah to fluff up those flower puff decorations. And that I almost gave Aunt Bev a heart attack when I told her Grandma was turning 88 instead of 90.

What a big girl Sophia was when we went out to a grown-up restaurant for her Aunt Kathy's birthday dinner.


Sophia likes to come in early in the morning to sleep on Rick's side of the bed and snuggle. Sometimes she has Barbie there as a placeholder.


Ava officially walking!

Girl's (or Girls'?) trip to Monterey. Would my Mom and Dione survive without me? I think not.
Coming home from our long weekend, to find Rick making a lasagna for dinner. I can count on one hand the number of times he's cooked dinner since I've known him. It's all my fault really, I am way too critical of him when he's in the kitchen. Lesson learned. He is welcome to cook whenever he wants, I will happily hang up my apron and let him have at it. I'll even do the dishes.

Cracking up at Ava mocking us when we tell her not to do something. She brings her chin to her neck and looks up at us and does a really good Peanut's cartoon "adult voice" with the "Wah-wah-wah-wah."

No comments: