Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Teacher "Thank You" craft



Our first end of the school year experience, and I was feeling a little crafty. If you haven't found Pinterest, you don't know what you are missing. Or maybe stay away, because it's a vortex that will consume any free time you have. That is, if you have hobbies or interests, or are in need of hobbies or interests. So while looking at all these cool ideas on Pinterest for crafty teacher thank yous, I came across an idea and added my own flavor to it. I found all of the contents on sale or had it on hand, and I am really pleased with how it turned out. I used Photoshop to make the card with Sophia's picture of her first day of school and underneath it says "Teachers plant the seeds of knowledge that will grow forever." Hence the garden theme. On the back of the card I wrote one specific thing Sophia liked about the teacher, and had Sophia sign her name. This is the first time I used the chalkboard spray paint, and I have the urge to make everything into a chalkboard right now, but I am resisting. Oh, and I had these cute little owl stickers that fit perfectly over the price tag of the Dahlia bulbs. So if you are looking for an end of year project for your kiddo, I highly recommend taking advantage of those spring/summer garden sales at Home Depot and Big Lots.

No comments: