Friday, June 22, 2012

A Pinteresting Father's Day

I found a cute project on, you guessed it, Pinterest! I am addicted and overwhelmed about what to pin because there are so many great contributions to this site. Along the same lines, I've been debating on getting a sewing machine for awhile now. There are a few DIY projects I'd like to try that require sewing, and although I love the iron on hems and other iron on stuff, if I want these projects to last, I need to actually sew it.

Anyway, back to the Father's Day project. I didn't realize how challenging it is to get a good set of footprints! It was fun though, for a warm sunny day, to get their feet painted and then just as much fun cleaning up in the grass outside.

We had a BBQ at our house with family and friends. Rick's mom made most of the food, and that was a treat in itself. That woman can sure make some mean ribs and baked beans. I also tried two dessert ideas, s'mores and Bisquick chocolate chip cookies. The s'mores were more fun to look at than eat in my opinion. The cookies were yummy! I was pretty surprised at how good they were. I put the recipe in my cookbook, and will be making variations aplenty.

It's been busier than usual around here. I signed Sophia up for swim lesson the last 2 weeks and she just wrapped up her last lesson. I think we spent more time getting ready for the lesson and then unpacking and bathing after the lesson, that a 30 minute lesson is more like a 2 hour ordeal. I'll be back to catch up on that whole debacle later, and also post some cherry picking turned full orchard picking day as well.

No comments: