Thursday, September 26, 2013

Funny things the girls are saying...

Remember the "Sophia says..." posts? Well there's a little competition for the spot now that Ava is coming up with her own funny things. Big relief there, for sure. And now on to the entertainment...

Sophia overheard someone (I won't reveal that someone) saying that so-and-so was a bullshitter. I immediately nudged that someone and told that person to watch their mouth in front of the girls. I can only imagine what the "school" would say if little Miss Sophia brings that phrase out during session. Sophia's reaction? "Ha!! That's funny! What a Bowl of Sugar!" And I laughed just as much in relief as in how brilliant that saying will be from now on. I can't wait to call someone a Bowl of Sugar.

It's not a secret that we watch a fair amount of TV in this family. I admit to having it on as background noise on many occasions. If you've seen the Old McDonald spelling contest commercial, you'll get what I'm talking about here. He can't spell a word without putting "eieio" at the end of his words, and walks off the stage saying "Dag numbit!" Ava thinks that's hysterical and now has adopted the phrase "Awww nuggets!" when she gets something wrong.

Sophia got reprimanded at school the other day for saying "Oh my gosh." See what I mean if she went there saying bull shitter? So we came up with a list of things she could say in place of that phrase. Ava piped in with "Oh coconuts" as her contribution. SpongeBob quotes were heavy hitters on the list with "Oh barnacles" and "Oh tarter sauce" being the most popular.
the little comedians

No comments: