Sunday, February 2, 2014

They say...

It's been awhile since I've focused on some things the girl's are saying now. This is probably one of the topics in my blog I look back on the most. It takes me to that moment of time, a snapshot into their brain. Ava really hadn't been saying much at all, so anything we could understand was a major accomplishment. Sophia was always saying things I needed to write down. Ava is starting to catch up now. Her recent one is, "You're hurting my brain mommy!" when I tell her something she doesn't want to hear. I imagine my saying, "You are giving me a headache" is her literal interpretation and appropriate response to what is giving her a hurt brain. The other day we were driving home from school, and Sophia's response to something I said was, "Oh, that is so inappropriate." I burst out laughing. It was as if my 5 year old was a tape recording, playing back something that comes directly out of my mouth. I have often heard Sophia or Ava say things that other family members say all the time, but rarely do they say things that come out of my mouth. Good thing I watch what I say!

No comments: