Friday, January 18, 2008

3rd trimester

Entering the home stretch here, being in the final (YAY!!) trimester. I rewarded myself (not) with a Gestational Diabetes Glucose test this morning. The orange drink wasn't bad at all, the hour wait at the lab while my body metabolised the sugar drink was actually tolerable because Rick came along, and the lab techs were so cute and giddy over having a pregnant woman and her husband come in. Rick got major kudos from the techs (all women) for accompanying me. Of course, I could have done without the blood draw and queasy stomach from the 12 hour fasting and then 50 grams of glucose, but I have to say it was really not as bad as I had expected. Let's hope I aced this test!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cara - Congrats on being in the third trimester! I'm sure you'll do just fine on the test. Enjoy this time because it will fly!