Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good fat

Everyone knows a healthy baby is a chubby baby. I never realized the pressure I would have, to make sure I had a healthy baby. It started a few days after Sophia was born. She dropped from 8.3 pounds to 7.9 pounds, and I was freaking out that I would have to supplement the breast milk with formula. After a few doctors visits to make sure she was turning the corner, she really started putting on the weight. I stopped being so frantic about how much milk she was getting, but was still concerned about my baby having enough rolls.
In the beginning, everyone said she looked a lot like Rick. Even Rick said she she took after him, meaning she was skinny. Haha. Well in the past few weeks, people are now saying Sophia is starting to look like me. I can't help but laugh and say it's because she is finally filling out and now she has chubby cheeks and fat rolls, just like her mommy.
Sophia, when you read this in your teenage years, while you are inevitably worrying about your weight--no matter how skinny you are--just know that there was a time when we worried about putting fat on your little body.
Photobucket

No comments: