Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Oh Swing, how I miss you

Yesterday, in the middle of the heat wave, in our non air conditioned house, Sophia's cradle swing stopped working. This swing is my saving grace during the big nap time. The big nap is usually from 10AM-12. She will not sleep very soundly elsewhere. The swing needs to rock for at least 30 min. and then she can just sleep from there on out. Well, before the 30 min. time period, the swing swang (swung?) it's last swing. I tried everything to revive it: batteries, reset, shake it, kick it, etc. Dead. So of course I jetted to Target to find a replacement. And that's when the frugal me set in and I thought maybe I could get a portable swing anyway, and it's way cheaper. Well, that swing just ain't cutting it. Sure, it swings. But this doesn't swing like our poor little cradle swing, sitting in a dismantled heap in the corner. So this afternoon I called the manufacturer and we are getting the replacement swing sent to us within a week!! So until then, forgive me if I don't leave the house much. I'll be either struggling to get Sophia to nap in her crib, or sitting in the rocking chair with her. Either method will result in 30 min. naps spread out through the day. This swing can't come soon enough!!


Dear beloved Swing, circa May 2008

No comments: