Monday, November 15, 2010

Ava's third week

While last week seemed like everything was progressing quickly, this week it seemed like things slowed down a bit. I have to stop and remind myself that Ava is only supposed to be 30 weeks now. She's still doing well with her feedings and her weight gain is on track. Her nasal cannula is down to 1/2, which is barely anything but she still needs that little bit as a crutch because without it she gets a little stressed. I was hoping the cannula would be off by now because it's kind of a pain. She likes to pull it out, and half the time it's not doing anything. The only time she's been having some issues has been during feedings, so they think she might have a little reflux, and they increased her gavage feeding from 1/2 an hour to an hour. That seems to have helped out.

Sundays are sibling visit days, and Sophia missed last Sunday because she had caught a cold. So yesterday she was able to spend some time with Ava. I think Ava recognizes Sophia's voice because as soon as Sophia started talking, Ava looked and moved in the direction of Sophia's voice, and she really showed interest in her, more so than she's shown in me, really. Sophia was really gentle with her and kept saying, "Aww she's so cute." I sure hope that attitude continues on! Of course I forgot my camera, but the nurse said they have a digital one on hand so she took a quick snapshot.

No comments: