Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving thanks

I have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. My mom has been dealing with some health issues that has kept her from being here to meet Ava. Yesterday she was well enough to finally have surgery, and we are relieved that she didn't need a colon bag. I anticipate a speedy recovery so that she can get her butt down here to help out when Ava comes home.

I am thankful that Ava is doing remarkably well. As much as it grates on my nerves when people say it could have been worse, it's true. It could have been much worse. We could not have Ava, we could not have had such a smooth ride to where we are at now with her growth and health.

I am thankful that, with the support of family and friends, we've been able to all hold it together and to manage a routine. I will be really thankful when everything is back to "normal" again, but today I am just thankful that everything is looking up.

No comments: