Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fat Tuesday

Sophia is at that fun age where life is really a party, so I decided to put on a Mardi Gras theme dinner. And you know what, I had fun too! We baked a King Cake and cornbread muffins. We decorated the table. I finally found a reason to use the random alligator head that Rick has for whatever reason.




Ava is missing from the photos because we hadn't found her in the cake yet. Just kidding. The cake is flat because I can't bake. I had good intentions, but of course deviated from the recipe and ended up with this. It tasted OK, but we're not really sure what a traditional king cake should taste like, so there you have it. Anyway, the point of it was really to give Sophia a chance to decorate the cake--mission accomplished. I made a shrimp etouffee over rice, and that turned out yummy. And the cornbread muffins were less than stellar, for the same reason as the cake. However, I made cornbread stuffing last night from the leftover muffins and that made up for the bland muffins the night before. Of course I didn't take notes on how I made dinner last night or the night before, so I won't be updating the recipe section.

No comments: