Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sophia's 3 year and Ava's 6 month updates

Both girls needed doctors appointments in April, so I scheduled them together. Two birds with one stone, so to speak. I knew both would need shots, but I didn't really think through the process. It would have been nice to have four arms, or have thought to maybe bring in reinforcements, but we got through the appointment with only a little sweat (me) and a few tears (them).

Sophia is very healthy and confirmed to be smart and well spoken. It's nice to have that confirmation, although these days she is a little too smart for her own good. The potty training business is being shelved indefinitely here. I have been told to give her 3 whole months without suggestions or mention of the potty. This is going to be more challenging for me than the potty training but perhaps she needs to make her own decision now.



Ava is now 15 pounds, and in the 95%ile for weight, 50%ile for height and head circumference for her adjusted age and in the 5%ile and 3%ile respectively for her actual age range. She's doing great! The doctor mentioned feeding her solids soon, something I hadn't even thought of. I am going to hold off on that for at least another month, unless Ava is throwing herself at food. I'm just not ready for her to grow up yet.



I couldn't have a more opposite spectrum as far as Ava and Sophia. They are like night and day in every sense. Well, except they both wear diapers (har-de-har). But opposites attract because these girls just love each other. I hope it continues this way and they can be friends. It's really fun watching them interact.

No comments: