Sunday, September 30, 2007

You know you live in a small town when...

You know you live in a small town when... (read with the same tone as "You know you're a redneck" humor by Jeff Foxworthy) ...you see your small town bartender, Kiki, at a party and she hugs you to congratulate you on your pregnancy. Yes, Kiki came up to me and gave me a huge hug. Kiki, from Ed's bar. Now I know--am convinced--that every single person here knows I'm finally pregnant. I didn't realize the magnitude of this news until last night; didn't realize the amount of people that really cared whether we were going to have kids. It's actually very sweet and tugs a little at my heart. At the same time, it scares the heck out of me. I am already freaked out about having a healthy pregnancy and am horrified at the amount of attention and following we are getting here. Granted it's a small town, so it's not like the Queen of England is expecting their first heir. But at the same time, the pressure is on, and I am in the hot seat.

No comments: