Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 12 on the 12th



We started out the day with our new forming habit of watching Sesame Street while eating breakfast. I'm not sure how I feel about this from a child development point of view, but as a mother chasing around a toddler most of the day, this is the only time she'll sit still and eat.

Case in point, it's getting ever so challenging to get her dressed in the morning. She walked around half-dressed for a good portion of an hour because every time I got near enough, she intercepted me with a toy, a ball, or just ran away.

After her play time, she had her morning nap, so I was able to work on the computer and make her baptism invitations. Rick finally figured out the details with Father Nick. Apparently we also have to take a class...huh? I wasn't aware of that when I agreed to this!

Nothing like refueling with goldfish crackers. And we were off to run our errands! But first we detoured to the park. It was hotter than heck and everything Sophia touched was burning her hand. She would touch, say "ouch" and then touch again. A little sensory lesson, I suppose. We drank lots of water at the park.

Once home, I unloaded my Best Buy bag and started to make us lunch. The tomatoes and basil from our garden are my new favorite obsession. I incorporated them into a turkey sandwich.

Did I mention I had a bladder infection? Still wondering if I could have taken care of it on my own instead of taking Cipro. This nasty little antibiotic has given me lots of unpleasant side effects. Can't wait for that to end.

So on to the rest of the evening...Molly the cat loves Sophia's room. She makes a point of getting comfortable in there right before Sophia's bedtime, hoping I'll forget she's in there and close the door. She wasn't so fast to hide this time, and got the boot.

One of our night time rituals is brushing Sophia's teeth. She loves her toothbrush and does a great job of it. She'll announce the time by opening her mouth wide and saying "ahhhh" repeatedly until I produce the toothbrush. And then she might let me take a few attempts at brushing her (5 and counting) teeth, but mostly she wants to do it on her own.

Rick had a really long day yesterday among the last few days of getting up at 4 am and coming home around 7 pm. These are his shoes in the last picture. They had less dirt than normal, but do you see what I deal with on a daily basis? Take off your shoes before coming in the house! Grrr.

No comments: