Monday, August 24, 2009

Whaddya say?

Sophia has been "talking" for a long time now, but just recently I can make out some clear words. She's very vocal about things. She'll let you know what she wants, usually in the form of a tirade of babble and hand gestures (must be the Italian genetics). But when she actually uses real words, it's amazing to see how much her vocabulary grows each day. Guess it's time to really start censoring our conversations around here!

I won't pretend that all these words listed below are said so clearly that you would understand, but they are very obvious to me:
  • ball
  • bubbles
  • bye
  • bottle
  • baby
  • balloon
  • daddy
  • duck
  • down
  • dog
  • go
  • hi
  • hello
  • hush
  • kitty cat
  • mama (which I actually think is "more" because I still don't think she calls for me)
  • muh-mah (kiss. Ok, not really a word, but I'm adding it anyway)
  • mum mum (food)
  • night night
  • no, noooooo, no! no, no, no, no, no--oo--oo... (favorite word around here)
  • out
  • see
  • two (she counts with babble and points with her fingers, but only says "two" after the first thing and then returns to babbble counting)
  • uh oh
  • uh huh
  • water
  • yum!

No comments: