Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another pumpkin patch

I might have mentioned in the past that I love this time of year. It's gotten better since Sophia's been around. Not only do I get to enjoy the season through her eyes, I have a scapegoat to blame my excitement for. We visited the Peter pumpkin patch, which is also a working farm. They had lots of things to do, but here are the highlights:

Eating dirt. Well, not really. We actually dug up some Yukon Gold potatoes. Sophia ate dirt.

Feeding the calf. I'm always amazed at how fearless Sophia is around livestock. It makes my heart stop when she jams her hand into the fence with whatever morsel she deems acceptable for the animal to eat. So far the animals have been on their best behavior. I fear for the day they aren't. Sophia was very fond of this calf. A few tears were shed when we had to say goodbye.

And best of all, spending a beautiful day with close friends.

No comments: