Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 12 on the 12th


Monday the 12th was the day before we were supposed to get a huge amount of rain from the remains of the typhoon in East Asia. So in light of all that, I really wanted to get some errands done and make sure Sophia had a good run at the park. That was first on our agenda. Sophia isn't that patient with errands these days. I never know if she's going to throw a fit in the store, so I run around like a mad woman. The goal was to get a car seat for Rick's truck (to give him more opportunity to take Sophia on outings), use up all the coupons I got for diaper wipes and bath soaps, and the big purchase was the potty for training.
Before you think to yourself that I'm nuts for starting this early, I'm really not even close to starting her on the training. But I thought I'd start introducing her to the concept of sitting on the potty and maybe she'd begin to get interested. She's in major denial about her poops, so I feel this is going to be a long road anyway. I always ask, while she's pooping, if she has to poop. She starts out with a straight faced "no" followed by a more whiny "NOooooo" which is followed by an adamant head shake side to side. Anyway, back to the potty later.
One of Rick's clients has an apple tree which must produce record amounts of apples, because we've gotten 2 full boxes, and I know she must have other takers besides us. The first box was much appreciated. Sophia loves apples, Rick loves apples, I don't mind making apple stuff. I finally got down to feeling like I was making a dent in the box when Rick came home with another full box and a look of guilt on his face. Well, it wasn't a full box this time, because he had dropped off half the contents at his parents, because I think he knew how overwhelmed I'd be at tackling another box. Anyway, we have apples coming out of our ears over here. An apple a day, huh?
So then it seemed as if the day flew by and I didn't have time to snap pictures much during the middle of the day, and forgot about taking any until after dinner. So here's the after dinner chaos, taken as I was shuffling Sophia to her bath. No bath is complete without brushing the teeth before and after the bath. I think she's so infatuated with brushing her teeth purely for the tooth paste. I'm not complaining (really). So after the bath, she decided the new toilet needed a little plumbing, with the lint remover. Go figure.
Back to the subject of the potty, sort of. We like to introduce things really early around here. Take her "big girl" bed for example. I am in no rush of moving Sophia into a big girl bed. However, our friends were getting a new bed for their teenager and we couldn't pass up the fortune of this really cool trundle bed. So until I'm ready to move Sophia into it, Molly is making sure she gets the pillow nice and broken in for Sophia. Speaking of pillows, I put a pillow in her crib the other night, and she loves that thing! Makes bedtime even easier. Night-night.

No comments: