Tuesday, January 26, 2010

HSG round 2

Before getting pregnant with Sophia, I had gone through a lot of fertility tests. The HSG was the last procedure on the infertility checklist, and we lucked out by getting pregnant that same cycle, otherwise we were headed to IUI or IVF. Those who followed my old blog read about the step by step process, and I'll spare the details of this one. The difference between this procedure and my first one was that in the first procedure it was a study to see if my fallopian tubes were blocked or if there was an abnormal uterus that was causing the infertility. This time, the HSG was to check for any damage caused by the ectopic pregnancy, and to make sure my right fallopian tube was clear. After a little resistance on that side, the fallopian tube is now clear and there was no indication of any damage. So we are good to go! Back to the drawing board...

No comments: