Friday, January 8, 2010

Making dinner--lessons learned

I've made quite a few dinners in the last few weeks, but sadly nothing that I'd feel comfortable sharing. I wonder when my cooking mojo will return?
The other night I made a pork roast. It was cooked perfectly but just didn't have any flavor. I should have marinated it or let the dijon and rosemary sit on it for a few hours before cooking. Lesson learned.
Last night I made chicken cacciatore. I thought I did everything right, but when it came to eating the chicken, it was questionable whether it was cooked all the way inside. It simmered for 3 hours, and I had browned the outside beforehand. How could it not be cooked all the way through? My only guess is that the pot was overcrowded. Lesson learned.
Tonight I'm heading back to basics. I'm going to make a shrimp and artichoke risotto. I hope I won't have to report any more lessons learned for awhile.

1 comment:

Alicia Adams said...

What on early is "basic" about shrimp and artichoke risotto?!