Thursday, January 14, 2010

Making dinner- lessons learned part 2

Never place cold water in a very hot--just out of the oven--glass dish. It will shatter into a million pieces and almost give you a heart attack.

Unfortunately, my big mess overshadowed the salmon steak that had been baked in the 8x8 glass dish. Fortunately, I had removed the salmon steak and had most of the food on the plates before the disaster struck. Obviously not thinking, I wanted to "deglaze" the dish which was coated with a honey citrus crust, in hopes to remove the glaze before it cooled off and would be almost impossible to scrub clean. Cold water doesn't work with hot glass. The second I put the glass down on the stove top, it shattered into a million pieces. It took about 5 minutes for my heart to beat back to normal.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Didn't something similar happen to Lynn? Boy, if you already knew about her mistake then you really didn't need to learn this lesson~hee hee