Thursday, July 22, 2010

Second trimester

Today marks the beginning of the second trimester. If I could visualize this celebration for you, it would be miniscule people throwing miniscule confetti. To put it plainly, yay me. Small achievement given the current events of this pregnancy. Which pisses me off, really. I'm pissed that I have this anger and self pity, pissed that I can't enjoy this pregnancy. I'm pissed that I don't have the energy to get really really pissed. At least if I had the energy, maybe I could work though it somehow. OK, pity party over. That's how I'm feeling.

I guess one is supposed to start feeling more energy as the second trimester begins. I hope this happens, because I'm exhausted. Sophia is the same bundle of energy she always is, and there's no slowing her down. I feel guilty that I can only make feeble attempts at chasing her or tickling her. She requires so much one on one time, that in itself is exhausting. We are making progress though, I've gotten her to play by herself for a maximum of 5 minutes. So I apologize if I don't answer the phone or don't call back. I may be sleeping, I may be showering for the first time in a few days, or I may be stuck on the floor with Sophia literally running circles around me.

I have the amniocentesis scheduled for next Wed. morning. This is a tentative plan, as it's so early on to perform an amnio that the Dr. has to do an ultrasound to find if certain amnion and chorion development is met. If the amnio does happen, I should have some initial findings in 3 days (72 hours) for the fast results. I'll update after this appointment on Wed.

No comments: