Saturday, July 23, 2011

The lost blankie




See that blankie Sophia is cuddling? That is her very favorite blankie. It's her "good" blankie, the one she turns to when she's fallen, having a meltdown, sad, told "no" about something, sleeps with for naps and night time. She will come into our room in the middle of the night if she wakes up and can't find her blankie, to have us find it for her so she can go back to sleep. It's been with her since she was born. We go nowhere without it. As of last Sunday, while at a friend's for dinner, she lost the blankie at their house. She was devastated. It was nowhere to be found. In a panic state, I tore through the house in search of it. I miss that blankie, too. We have a backup blankie but it just doesn't do the job. Now almost 1 week later, I have mixed feelings about its return if it ever does show up. We've made it past the hardest part of withdrawals. The first night, I slept with Sophia, who fell asleep sobbing for her blankie. The second night she told me she loves me, but she loves her blankie too. Each night has gotten better. If that blankie is found, do I dare reunite them?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Remember when Jack lost his? It was definitely harder on me. Hope you find it and my vote is to give it back.