Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Salmon



We've been eating a lot of salmon over here. It's fairly versatile, available fresh at Costco, and healthy. Rick likes it broiled with a honey mustard glaze or soy ginger glaze. I'm not a creature of cooking habit, rarely making the same thing twice. So I decided to mix it up a bit a few weeks ago. I made a potato hash with caramelized onions. On top of this I set a seared salmon fillet. On top of this sauteed spinach, finished with a white wine yogurt Dijon sauce. I literally licked the plate. Not sure if it was because a) just needed a change of pace, or b) I was starving that day, or c) it was really that good. I'm going with c) it was really that good, for this post. I was actually so confident that it was going to be good, I took a picture of it. Now here's the kicker--I didn't write down any of the steps or ingredients. This usually means that it won't turn out as good next time. Bummer. But I will try to re-create my masterpiece moment again, and I promise to write it down and post it for anyone who might enjoy the combo. I know I peeled the potatoes before cutting into small pieces and then crisping it up in olive oil. I know I used Old Bay seasoning for the salmon fillet. I know I deglazed the pan I seared the salmon in with some white wine, and then added some Dijon to thicken, followed by the last minute idea to make it creamier by adding plain Greek yogurt. That's as much as you get right now. To be continued.

1 comment:

Alicia Adams said...

YUM. That looks 100 times better than the boring old lemon/pepper/dill baked salmon we had last night. I'm not wild about salmon anyway, but when it's dry and boring, it's heinous. Yours makes me want to try it!