Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chompers

We had a busy week last week. That's my excuse. Laundry, packing, grocery shopping, packing, shopping for the kayak and life jackets and sunscreen, more laundry and then more packing (side note: with all that packing, you'd think I would have remembered to pack my own underwear. Good thing swimsuits were the fashion of the week. However, I packed enough clothes to stay for at least a month, for all of us--maybe even longer.) Throw in Rick's birthday followed by my birthday--the day before we were to leave. Needless to say, it was very hectic.


In hindsight, I should have noticed teething signs from Ava. The day before we left, she had projectile vomited on my mom. At Noni and Papa's that night she had been really fussy. she felt a little warm to me that night but I was in denial because I really didn't want a sick kiddo on vacation. She didn't sleep all that well the first night on the houseboat, but I chalked it up to new environment. The next day she seemed fine, her normal chipper self. I was helping her with her cracker. As I pushed the sticky goop that once was a crispy Mum Mum back into her slobbery mouth, she bit down (hard) on my finger tip. That's when I discovered her tooth had broken through. It literally jumped out and bit me! Followed shortly by the second tooth the next day. Ava has her two bottom teeth now.


No comments: