Monday, August 15, 2011

There's a party in my tummy



Rick is gone for dinner. It's a guy's night type of thing. Sophia was pretty bummed, so I thought I'd make a special dinner for her. Ha, I guess this covers the dinner part of the blog, huh? Anyway, I decided to use up the really healthy whole wheat bread I got the other day, by doing something really unhealthy to it. (Side note: Rick fixed a meatloaf sandwich with this bread today and said, "This bread isn't good. Please don't get this bread again. Sophia doesn't like it either." Um, wrong! Sophia now likes it now. Continue reading to see why.) I made a grilled Nutella and strawberry jam sandwich. Yes, I slathered it with butter, chocolate and strawberry jam and fried it. Sophia took a bite and exclaimed, "There's a party in my tummy...so yummy, so yummy!" She got that cute phrase from her cousin Alyssa during the houseboat excursion. I'm not sure where Alyssa gleaned that from but it's used often here now. I had to agree with Sophia; I felt the same way about our dinner--so yummy! I also agree with Rick. Unless the bread is doused in butter and filled with really bad-for-you-stuff, it's way too healthy for our tastes.

No comments: