Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stop running with those scissors!

Sophia is going to start preschool next week. You may hear me yelling, "See you later suckers!" as I peel out of the parking lot. I kid. Sort of. I think it will be a good thing for the both of us. As much as I joke about her spirited personality, I do believe she is going places. And when you are in that ray of her focus, it's like nothing else matters. She has something special, that girl. But sometimes that intensity she brings is just so exhausting. Today we went to drop off some paperwork for Ava's high risk program. That could be another post entirely. Anyway, on our way into and out of the building, we met a total of 3 individuals. Each remarked at how smart Sophia was. Boy do these preschool teachers not know what's coming for them. The man we spent the longest time with (the case worker guy for Ava's program) told me as we walked out the door, "I can tell you have a lot of patience. You are blessed. You really are. And that Sophia is so smart." Ha, I have a lot of patience? My empty threats are growing by the day. "Don't make me..." "If you don't knock it off right now missy..." "If I have to come over there..." "I'm going to count to three and then...one, two..." I honestly don't know what the end of those threats are. It's enough for Sophia to hear the first words and then she usually hightails it. Which brings me to my latest yell, "Stop running with scissors!" I'm already yelling at her for running with scissors? How did she grow up this fast? And she can do some scissor work, that one. I have daily piles to clean up now. The recycling bin is going to take a beating this week.





In preparation for preschool, I've found that I am entering uncharted territory with clothes shopping. We have been incredibly lucky that my best friend's girls and my nieces are just old enough where we had a steady rotation of great clothes. Well, that gravy train has officially ended now that Sophia is the same size as all of them. I'm not a great shopper as it is, so this has given me some anxiety. I don't even know my own style, let alone trying to figure out style for Sophia! Oh, and figuring out how many pants, dresses, tops, etc. is a little overwhelming too. But if that's my only concern these days, then we have it pretty good right now.

No comments: