Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Countdown Christmas



Let the countdown begin! 25 days until Christmas, starting tomorrow. The countdown to Disney was such a hit, I decided to up the challenge on my craftiness and make an Advent calendar out of felt. I saw an idea in a popular store magazine and decided "hey, I can do that!" so I did. I'm actually pretty happy with the results, given that I had all the accessories to make the embellishments in my sewing kit, Sophia's crafts, and leftover odds and ends from party stuff. Oh, and my trusty glue gun! My sister in law sent me some ideas for the days, which I mixed up with some days including activities and some days including chocolate kisses. I started to panic thinking that I'd have to commit to 25 days of activities that I know Sophia would absolutely hold me accountable to, so I threw in a chocolate reprieve here and there. Here's what I came up with for Sophia's activities (not in any particular order:



  • Hang wreath outside

  • Make reindeer food for Santa’s reindeers

  • Pick out Christmas tree and decorate

  • Drive around to see holiday lights

  • Make sugar cookies and decorate

  • Paint nails red

  • Make bird feeder out of pine cone

  • Watch Christmas TV special

  • Take picture with Santa

  • Write letter to Santa

  • Make paper snowflakes

  • Decorate cards for teachers at school

  • Read Christmas book

  • Starbucks for hot chocolate and treat

  • Gingerbread house project

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Cara, Love your Advent Calendar. You're so creative! I'm sure Sophia will be checking the daily activity as soon as she awakes each morning.Great job!
Love ya, Kathy