Wednesday, November 28, 2007

20 weeks

Halfway there! I've got my appetite back, and it's come back with a vengeance. The other night I wolfed down dinner, amazed at the amount of time (or lack of) it took to clean my plate. I knew I had eaten pretty fast when Rick still had a good portion left on his plate. Like a gentleman, he didn't say anything...or did he even notice? After a ladylike belch, I looked at him and batted my eyes and said in my most seductive voice, "do you feel like getting frozen yogurt?" How could he resist my charm?

With the amount of eating that has increased, there's got to be some added fat coming soon. I feel like it's already started and am having second thoughts about the whole belly shot images I have posted. But I am going to keep my pact and keep on posting these shots, even if stretch marks start showing up. Remind me of this if clothing cover belly shots start to make their way onto the pages.

So the halfway point deserves some reflection. I forgot to add a conversation I had with my Dr. during my 1st trimester appointment. I was so excited to finally feel my uterus and I was convinced that the baby was towards the left side. I lovingly rubbed that spot as I talked to the baby. So at the appointment, my Dr. took out the Doppler to search for the heartbeat. With conviction, I told her the baby was over on the left, I even pointed out the spot. She looks at the spot, looks at me and says, "um, that's your colon. Your uterus pushes your colon out over there." Not only had I failed at figuring out my own anatomy, I had been lovingly rubbing and talking to my digestive tract.

Oh but what a long way I have come since then! I know where my stomach is now! It's pushed up towards my lungs. So now my lungs growl when I'm hungry! But the one thing I am sure of is where my uterus is and also where the baby is. The baby likes to kick on my right side (apparently likes to stay far away from all that digestive stuff going on), and the kicks and flutters are amazing.

20 weeks

1 comment:

Dione said...

Oh my gosh, Cara, look at you!!! First your post made me laugh so hard I almost cried and then your picture actually did make me cry. That's my niece or nephew in there, ya know? Have I mentioned how excited I am about this baby? You don't even want to know.

I don't wanna get all mushy on you so I'll move on to say brilliant boob-weighing technique! I never would have thought to warm the scale or even move it to an appropriate height. I don't think I ever actually attempted to weigh mine but a good part of each pregnancy was dedicated to your brother saying, "JEEEEEEZUS... how much do you think those things weigh now?"

Love ya!