Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thump

Rick felt the baby move this morning! I think. He could have just been going along with it after days and days of putting his hand on my tummy with no such luck. I swear that man has the thickest callouses on his hands, it's a wonder he feels anything. Anyway, I had some pretty big thumping going on and the baby was higher this morning, just under my belly button. I grabbed Rick's hand and I had a little dialogue with the baby on being a good little baby and please just kick hard for mommy, just this once because daddy thinks I'm making this stuff up. So like a good little baby, s/he cooperated. I even felt the kick with my hand over his hand! And the response...Tears of joy? Wide eyes of wonder and awe? Nope. Nothing. He said, "that was it? I thought it would be bigger." Oh well, we tried, the baby and I. I had a brief glimpse into the future when he comes home from work one day and I am jumping up and down because the baby rolled over and Rick says, "that's it? I thought s/he'd be walking by now."

No comments: