Monday, September 27, 2010

A little Sophia catch-up

For those family members that check in to see updates of Sophia, I think it's a little overdue and much needed. Sophia is already into that "why" stage for everything. And I try to answer her questions to the best of my ability, sometimes impressing myself with answers to random questions! But even when I give her what I think is a good answer, she says "because why?" Where the heck did she get the "because" part of it? I never answer "because" so I have no clue. This little girl is stubborn, too. Yes, karma, I know. But she's actually really easy to reason with. As long as I tell her exactly what is going to happen and how it's going to happen, she'll go along with it. But if I try to spring anything on her, she is completely resistant. She prefers Daddy's tools over baby dolls, picking up bugs instead of picking flowers, and rough housing over cuddles. But she has her girlie side as well. She loves to wear dresses, wants to wear lipstick, and she's infatuated with anything Tinker Bell (although Tinker Bell is a bit of a sassy tomboy, so I guess Sophia can relate). She's a week shy of 2 1/2 years old now. We are still working on potty training which is going slower than I'd like. It would be fantastic to have her out of diapers before these babies come, but one thing I've learned is that Sophia will do it when she's good and ready. I just hope it's sooner than later! She's become quite the picky eater, so any effort of cooking dinner just for her is wasted. She'd rather have the processed chicken or fish sticks, quesadilla, or grilled cheese sandwich. She's even started resisting my pasta dishes, preferring Kraft mac 'n cheese over anything I make. I still hold out on these things for most of the week, but by the weekend I give in and let her indulge. She still loves fruit and beans!


my gifted child...

the artist

fashionista


adventurer and animal lover


daredevil

No comments: