Saturday, September 18, 2010

Scheduled bi-weekly ultrasound

Now that we are in maintenance mode here for the remainder of the pregnancy, I will have an ultrasound every 2 weeks until probably 28 weeks, and then possibly hospital stay until the golden number 34 weeks. That's as much of a plan we can set, depending on unforeseen circumstances.
So yesterday was my scheduled ultrasound and baby B is still status quo. Her fluid continues to grow with her, and stays about the same in relation to her body size. The cystic hygroma is 13 cm at this point, which is wildly large. But she really doesn't seem that affected by it. She kicks and moves just like her sister, baby A. The hydrops continue to be present, although her heart rate doesn't seem to be impacted by the fluid either, it was within normal range of 176.
I am officially a patient of the Perinatologist office now. The Peri ordered a non-fasting gestational diabetes test, which I had done yesterday. My blood pressure looks good and there is no protein in my urine. The last thing I need is any other complications. I had the Peri check out my varicose veins and was told there's really nothing that can be done about the one in the groin/inner thigh area. The Peri also set up a meeting with a Neonatologist yesterday, which I'll expand on in the next post.
As for other things, I can feel pretty steady movements from baby A on the right side. She's the boxer. Baby B isn't so predictable, but I can feel her softer kicks on the left side. I can also feel kicking from the outside now, which is fun to share if someone is around. Sophia has yet to feel anything, but she hugs and kisses her babies regularly now. She says, "Awww, I like the babies!" And plants kisses on my tummy and tries to wrap her arms around the enormous mass to give them hugs.
Speaking of my enormous mass of a belly, I got some new maternity tops last week and hopefully they last through the remainder of the pregnancy. I also got some leggings which I swore I would never wear again after the fashion fad of the 80's-90's, but once I put them on I just had to get some. I hate to admit how comfortable they are.

No comments: